Game Design Fundamentals
A Beginners Guide to Game Design Concepts.
Starting out creating an interactive experience, of any sort really, can be rather daunting. In this course, we’ll run through the basic components of a game, so we can get a handle on what the next steps are when you make the jump from the course lectures to your own projects.
In this course we will learn different ways and techniques about how an Indie game developer can improve his gameplay, make his gameplay more addictive by understanding action-response theory.
We are going to cover different topics related to game design like what a user expects when he buys the game, what are the things that user want and what user don't want. We are going to cover different gameplay chunks and how we can improve our quality by implementing we are going to learn about Dos and Don'ts of Artificial Intelligence with how we can polish our prototype and much more.
Its a quick start guide in Game Design. You will be taken through the different live examples that how these concepts are implemented to famous AAA games that makes them more addictive.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to start his/her career as a game designer/Indie Game developer and also for students that are looking for a quick start in game design.
Course is based upon research on AAA games that are famous in the market.
What will you learn? Different mechanisms/Examples to think about Dos and Don'ts to implement while designing Level/Gameplay.
- How to Identify limitations in Idea with respect to Story, Technology and Gameplay.
- How Artificial intelligence can help in getting things done easily.
- What player expects when he buys/download your game.
- Understand User Input/Response behavior.
- Compare different games according to their game design.
In this course we will get to know how world class games use these concepts to implement their addictive gameplay according to the player expectation.
Start playing now and press "take this course".
What are the requirements?
- Programming or computer skills are not needed for this course
- If you are a gamer that would help in understanding different aspects due to example in the lectures
What am I going to get from this course?
- Implement different concepts that they will learn in the entire course in their games. They would be able to implement different user experience improvement techniques that have the potential to make their game more addictive and smooth.
- Step by step instruction of how to start your game designing while keeping different concepts in mind
- If you are a game designer you will become a better player amongst your colleague game designers.
- You will be able to identify different Dos and Don'ts of game design principles
- You will be looking at live examples of the implementation of principles in different games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Assassins creed and many more.
- Many games have been researched before compiling of the materials explained in this course.
- This course will provide concepts with examples from famous games of today.
What is the target audience?
- Students who want to learn game design principles.
- Indie game developers who want to enhance their game design knowledge to enhance their games experience with users.
- If you enjoy playing games, This course will teach you a better understanding how these game design principles help the designers to create such an addictive flow gameplay
I am the founder of Augmented Startups and I also hold a Masters Degree in Electronic Engineering. With over 43'000+ students on Augmented AI Bootcamp, and over 60'000 subscribers on YouTube, I teach the latest topics on Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality. Together with Geeky Bee AI, we will act as mentors through helping you build or grow your expertise, we look forward to having you!